August 4, 2011

Fairy Garden

While DD was on vacation with a friend, my car and the photo camera (and a lot of other stuff girls need to take with them) I had plenty of time to stitch. Now DD is back home again I can show some updates.

The first picture is the Fairy Garden, of which I have finished the complete top part.

For a change I got one of my old Chatelaine projects on the frame again: the first Watergarden mandala. When I started neglecting it for about three years ago only the pond with the fish was finished. Last week I've stitched the plants around it and the brownish things. Compared to the newer Chatelaine designs this one is very easy to stitch, but it still is a beautiful design.

I have ordered a new set of 30 inch scroll bars, so there is no need to finish the Fairy Garden before I can start Herbularius. I have ordered the full kit fom ECC. It is expensive, but so beautiful! At Anne Marieke's blog you can see the threads and beads already.

Thank you all for your very kind comments. Mom has selttled in very well in the home. When my sibblings are back from their vacations we'll have to make a plan about what to do with the old house.

19 comments:

Susan said...

Your Fairy Garden is beautiful. I really need to pull mine out and get started.

Great progress on Watergarden. I saw a framed one last week and it is beautiful when finished. Another one I need to pull out and work on.

Pauline said...

De elfjes zijn zo prachtig!

Lissanne said...

Fairy Garden is stunning! It looks so sparkly, it must be gorgeous in person! Also love your Watergarden, I love all of Martina's designs.

Anonymous said...

The fairies are so beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Your fairy garden looks gorgeous. Love your watergarden too. Good that you put it back on the frame :)

Teresa said...

Your pieces are just beautiful. You are doing a wonderful job.
Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

Giovanna said...

They're both so beautiful! And how good of you to give some love to an old WIP.

Unknown said...

Fairy Garden ziet er prachtig uit, die libelle's die glinsteren je gewoon tegemoet.
Ben zeer benieuwd naar je volgende update van de"oude"Chatelaine.

Groetjes Yvon.

Ik had bij Anne Marieke de kit al voorbij zien komen dat wordt straks genieten voor jullie.

Andie said...

Fairy Garden is so wonderful!

Love your Watergarden! I have this one started too :D

Anne Marieke said...

Your Fairies is wonderful and you are doing a great job pulling out a UFO! And a lovely one too.

Those 'older' Chatelaines are gorgeous too, aren't they. I have the first Knotgarden in my UFO pile somewhere. You do too, don't you?

Joysze said...

FFG is so beautiful, Ineke. I fall in love with the dragonflies every time I see your pics.

Knotgarden looks beautiful. I just sent your link to a friend whole started it a couple of months back. :)

mdgtjulie said...

Great progress on both projects, Ineke. I love your FFG. It's just gorgeous!! And I'm glad your mom has settled in well. That's great news!

Nancy M said...

You are officially further than me now! I have most of the middle and bottom half done.....We'd have a complete on if we put them together! Maybe this winter I'll get mine out again and get some serious time with it. It is so pretty!!

imnverted said...

Fairy Garden is looking just beautiful!

I wish I could have the time and patience to do a Chatelaine.

wendy111 said...

The fairies are looking gorgeous and I like your watergarden centre. Well done on getting it out.

Anonymous said...

Fairy Garden looks amazing! Great progress!

Mel said...

I so love Fairy Garden. Your stitching is so amazing and inspiring. Just love it.

leeni1176 said...

LOVE your Fairy Garden Ineke....your work is beautiful !!!!

Arlene

Shell said...

yay you are stitching on Fairy I loved doing mine well done girlie they are both gorgeous
Shell