July 25, 2011

Beads and crystals

Yesterday I have added all the beads and crystals to the centre part of the Fairy Flower Garden. Loads of beads and crystals! Now only the ribbon on the right side has to be finished to complete this part of the design. After that I will finish the flower border on the top and the doilies in the left corner. The lowest part is stil empty fabric, so there is still a lot of stitching to accomplish.

Mom has settled in her new appartment with her own furniture and other stuff. It is small, but it feels more like home now. The swelling on mom's leg reduces and she is walking quite fast again (with her walker). And she enjoys her new social life and goes to the coffee-room almost every morning. Now we'll have to decide what to do with the old house. Strange idea to clear and sell the house where my siblings and I were born and where mom has lived for so many years. This will be very hard for her.

19 comments:

Unknown said...

Je borduurwerk wordt steeds mooier.

Fijn dat het met je moeder weer wat beter gaat, hopelijk lukt het straks met het huis ook allemaal.

Groetjes Yvon.

Anne Marieke said...

WOW,Ineke, isn't that gorgeous! It came to life with those beads and crystals.

Enjoy your time with Fairies!

Good to hear that your Mum has settled in alright at the home. At least she is no longer lonely and will be safe and looked after in her new environment.

Giovanna said...

What beautiful stitching on this gorgeous project!
Glad to read that your mother is settling down.

Anonymous said...

Wow, it looks fantastic with the beads added. Love it.
Glad to hear that your mum likes it at her new home and is doing well.

valerie said...

Wow, it looks fantastic and very blingey! I love the sparkle.

Kathy Ellen said...

Your "Fairy Flower Garden" is absolutely beautiful! It takes my breath away, just to look at all of your amazing needlework!

Reina said...

I am so enamoured with this piece and it cries out to be started every time I see a progress photo. You are doing a lovely job and it is keeping me eagerly anticipating my own start, probably in the near future~

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your Mom is enjoying her new place. Yes, it will be hard to sell her old place, but at least she likes where she is. That sure does help.

Your stitching, as always, is beautiful. You know how I love projects with beads. LOL

mdgtjulie said...

Very, very pretty. I can see some of the sparkle! Hope your mom does okay with selling the house. Do you have a sibling who could buy it, to keep it in the family?

Andie said...

Totally gorgeous!!!!!
Glad to hear your Mom has settled into her new place so well :D

Stitching Noni said...

Wow, so beautiful. Your stitching and bead work is stunning.

Good to hear that your Mum is settling in well. It's always hard to move to a new place!

http://firefliescatsinthegarden.blogspot.com/

Nancy M said...

This piece has just so many beads and crystals, doesn't it?? It's such a girly piece and I really need to get it out and put some time into it.

Karen said...

Just beautiful! And yes, Nancy, you need to get yours back out!!!

Susan said...

Love the beads and crystals! I'm a sucker for sparkly things!

Glad to hear that your Mom is settling in. It is hard to get rid of part of your past, but hope the process isn't too hard on everyone.

Michele said...

Amazing work, as always!

Good luck to you and your Mom during this time. :)

Lissanne said...

I am so glad you are stitching this!! It has been hard to see some of the older Chats with photos not linking, and I am going to have to move this one up in line in front of a couple others I want to stitch. Yours is so elegant and beautiful, I can't wait to see more.

Siobhán said...

That is just stunning! I'm glad to hear that your mother is adjusting to her new apartment. My mother is the last one living in the house where we grew up, and she faces a lot of upkeep or trying to decide if she should move to a smaller place. It's hard! Big hugs.

Nancy in IL said...

Ineke, this is breathtakingly beautiful! Those wings look so real, so delicate~

Joysze said...

Oh....my.... goodness..... Ineke!! I literally started at the big version of the picture for a good minute before coming back to comment. It's gorgeous!!!!!!!!

Happy to hear your mom is settling in at her new apartment and yes, it'll be a difficult thing to do to part with her old house. I hope that going through the stuff will bring back many, many happy memories for all of you.