July 1, 2011

Tree of Stitches part 12

Thank you very very much for all the lovely comments on my last post. They gave us a lot of comfort. We still miss Julius terribly and realized he was the most active and noisy cat of the bunch. It is so quiet in the house now....

On Monday Mom moved to the old peoples' home where she got a temporary room for six weeks. We hope there will be another room after this period so she can stay. We all know this is the best thing to do, but it is hard to be forced to leave the old house after so many years. Mom says she has started a new chapter in the book of her life now. She is very positive and making the best of it. But I really don't know what her feelings are when we have left.

I finished part 12 of Abi Gurden's Tree of Stitches.

And DD stitched a lot of her tree too. It is the first time she does these specialty stitches and she is doing quite well in my opinion.

I also made a lot of blocks of the Civil War Chronicles quilt while I was staying with Mom in the old house for some days. Month 5 is finished by now, there are three blocks left to do of month 3 and yesterday the postman brought the package with pattern and fabrics of month 5. A lot of lovely fabrics again!

14 comments:

Susan said...

WOW! Both trees look amazing! Your DD is doing a great job. It's great she's willing to try the speciality stitches as it took me years before I had the nerve.

So glad that your Mom's keeping a positive outlook.

Giovanna said...

Lovely trees, both of them! I I like your DD's choice of colours too.

All the best with your mother - not easy, I know...

Pauline said...

Geen gemakkelijke tijd dus...
Maar jullie bomen doen het erg goed!

Teresa said...

I love watching your tree grow.
Sorry about Julius. I hope your mom adjusts to her new surroundings and gets her own room soon.
Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

Anonymous said...

You are raising a great stitcher. I love the colors your daughter chose too. So pretty.

Can't wait to see both trees all finished. I love watching the progress.

Sarah said...

Both version of the tree look lovely!

Unknown said...

Je hebt aardig wat gedaan deze week, de boom ziet er goed uit,net als die van je dochter trouwens.
Ik hoop dat je moeder haar draai kan vinden in de nieuwe omgeving, het zal wel even wennen zijn, voor haar en voor jullie.

Een fijn, en hopelijk rustig, weekend,

Groetjes Yvon.

Joysze said...

It's so wonderful to see the different colors of yours and DD's trees, Ineke. I love them both. :D

Your mom has such a fantastic outlook in life, she sounds like my mom. I hope that when I'm as mature as they are, that I will be able to have their strong and positive spirits. :)

wendy111 said...

Both trees are looking lovely. DD's colours really glow and she is doing a fantastic job.

I am sure your mom will embrace this new chapter. Make sure she stays strong and keeps busy.

Happy stitching and quilting

Anonymous said...

Both trees are looking great. :)

mdgtjulie said...

Both ToSs look lovely. I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. At least she knows it's time, and she's not trying to make you feel guilty about it. I hope she's happy there!!! As for Julius, I'm sure your other furbabies are grieving too. They are missing his vigor and antics, and eventually will get over it, just like you will. I wish you all the best!!

Karen said...

LOVE both trees - I wish I'd gotten in on that, it looks like a lot of fun :)

Anne Marieke said...

Both trees are beautiful! L. is doing really well with the specialty stitches.

Good to hear that your mum is making the best of the new chapter in her life. It must be really hard for all of you.

Carin said...

Wat leuk dat je deze ook aan het maken bent. Hij is inderdaad erg leuk om te doen. ik vind jullie kleuren ook geweldig !!