July 10, 2011

More CWC quilt

As you can see I've got a big hairy assistant while I am working on the blocks of the Cicil War Chronicles quilt.
After his hypo Casper doesn't need insulin anymore and his bloodsugar levels are staying very low. I even have to give him some suger through his tinned food from time to time. There is no explanation for this, except for the fact some cats start producing insulin by themselves again after some time. Cats are mysterious creatures!

The blocks of the centre part are assembled now. And I also joined one of the corner parts already.

Mom is going to move again: last week she got another room in the old people's home. This is a room in which she can stay permanently. Actually it is a small apartment with a livingroom with kitchenette, a bedroom and a bathroom. She is contented and glad she doesn't have to stay another winter in the old and cold and lonely big house. So next week we'll have to get some furniture and other things from the old house and get mom settled in her new home. She is already very busy with a new social life and racing on the corridors with her walker.

9 comments:

wendy111 said...

This quilt is looking fantastic, the blocks are coming together beautifully and I love the colour combinations (and your assistant)

I am glad your Mom has a permanent place now, it sounds like a perfect little apartment for her.

Susan said...

Your quilt is beautiful! My aunt is now living in a place similar to your Mom and is busier than she ever was (and loving every minute of it)

Mireille said...

Beuariful tour quilt. I love him. I am glad thatcher casper is doing wellicht. Oh it must be so special for tour mom.

valerie said...

Great news about your mom! I'm sure she will be happy at the home with her new social life.

Great quilting!

mdgtjulie said...

Glad to hear you mom is doing well. Racing may be a bad idea though!!! Your quilt is looking lovely, and so is Casper. I love long haired cats! Glad he is feeling better and no longer needs the insulin shots!!

Lissanne said...

You are making such a beautiful quilt, I really love the colors. Your cat is cute and glad he is doing well with no shots.

Anne Marieke said...

Wow, what a beautiful quilt! The colours are gorgeous and your work is perfect, as usual.

Casper's fur suits the colours really well. Looks like he is a happy boy without his injections.

Wishing your Mum a happy stay in her new home. At least she is safe and cozy and no longer lonely.

Giovanna said...

A truly beautiful quilt - and you're getting along so fast with it!

Unknown said...

Wat een prachtige quilt is dit toch, hele mooie kleuren.
Fijn dat je moeder nu een eigen plekje gaat krijgen en daar weer wat kan gaan doen.

Groetjes Yvon.