August 22, 2011

IHSWeekend

First I completed part 3 of Spring Knotgarden. After that I got stuck in the jessica stitch flowers of part 2, because the provided diagram is for flowers in a space of 20 threads and there are only 12 threads in the design. Despite several attempts, guided by photo's of finished flowers (thanks Joyce and Ana), I didn't succeed in making a satisfying flower. So I mailed Martina for a diagram that fits.

After that I continued stitching Watergarden and got a nice part done.

I also added another border to the Thimbleberries quilt, but that isn't very interesting on a photo. I'll take a picture of it when the top is finished. Still tree borders left to add and because I stitch the whole quilt by hand it is a bit boring work.

Now I am going to visit blogs of my fellow hermits to see a lot of beautiful and inspiring crafts.

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's quite some progress, and all very beautiful. Love it.

Unknown said...

Mooie kleuren en zo verschillend, je bent lekker bezig geweest zo te zien.

Groetjes Yvon.

wendy111 said...

Lovely progress on both projects. Both are beautiful

Pauline said...

Wat een mooi werk!

Anonymous said...

I love the little splash of color that the flowers have. Very pretty.

Sarah said...

Both projects look great! Those jessica stitches are a pain but very worth it!

Joysze said...

Awww, Ineke.... sorry to hear about the flowers. I hope Martina sends you an updated diagram. :) If you need me to chart what I did for you, I'd be more than happy to do that too. :)

That said, SK looks awesome and the fishies in Watergarden are soooooo cute!! :D

Looking forward to seeing your quilt. :)

Rahenna said...

Everything is so pretty! I especially like Spring Knotgarden, the colors are lovely. :)

Karen said...

Spring is GORGEOUS!!!! My first introduction to the dreaded Queen stitch was on Knotgarden - and the diagram didn't fit the space, so I had to play around on a doodle cloth to work it out :( Not a big deal now, but then? YIKES! Watergarden looks great - I need to get mine kitted!

valerie said...

Wow, you got a lot stitched this weekend. I really love Spring Knotgarden. The colors are so happy!

Sara said...

I hope you get your answer soon, both projects are lovely and it would be a pity to have knotgarden stopped because of it :)
Great progress

Esther said...

wowww! gorgeous!

Lissanne said...

You stitched on lovely pieces this weekend! I will have to keep in mind that the flowers do not fit when I start.

ana~stitch said...

Hi Ineke!
Like the others, I also had to sort of "make up" this stitch and how to make it fit in the designated space. It certainly did not match the diagram. I had to add in a couple extra legs to make it fit, so I guess I sort of fudged it :(
But it looks ok, so....
Hope Martina helps or Joyce can make a diagram for you :)

Kate said...

You did some beautiful progress! Lol, I wish my Chatelaines were that far ;)

Unknown said...

Beautiful work!! Never tried a Chatelaines although I have a couple of their charts!

Topcho said...

Sorry to hear about your problems with the pattern, I hope you will solbve them soon. Both projects are beautiful!

Giovanna said...

It's gorgeous! I hope you manage with the flowers, I just followed the chart instead of the stitch diagram.

mdgtjulie said...

Both of your Chats look fabulous!! They are very lovely, Ineke. I hope you figure out the Jessicas. I just did a whole bunch of them (open and closed) for my Desert Garden Mandala. They look wonderful when finished!

Jennifer M. said...

Your stitching is beautiful! I just love the details and colors of the Chatelaine pieces.

Great Progress! I look forward to seeing the projects completed.

Jen :)

Michele said...

Splendid progress on both projects!