Month 1 and month 2 are finished as you can see. Also two blocks of month 4, they are placed above. I have cut the patches for one month 3 block and I am sewing loads of triangles to squares at the moment.Thank you very much for the good wishes and healing thoughts you have sent to my mom. She was doing much better after a few days, but was rushed to the hospital on Wednesday evening with a TIA. Fortunately my brother was still with her. After a brain scan, which didn't show any damage, they were sent home by ambulance at half past eleven in the night! Now my sister is there too and they are organizing a room in an old peoples' home. Temporary at first, but we think it is best for mom if she moves from the big old house she lives in now. Mom had her name put on a list already some years ago.
Casper had a hypo on Tuesday evening (scary!!), but he recovered quickly when I gave him sugarwater and food. Because bloodsugar levels stayed low while I didn't give any insulin and he kept behaving a bit weirdly, I took him to the vet's yesterday afternoon. They kept him for observation. The vet thinks he is producing insulin by himself again. Cats can do this! So I can take him home later today. No more insulin and observe what happens. If he starts to drink a lot or behave oddly I have to check his sugars and call the vet. I really do hope next week will be a bit more quiet.
@ Lissanne: My sewing machine and I have the same problem. I sew all my quilts by hand, except for the binding.
11 comments:
Dat klinkt als een behoorlijk heftige week, sterkte met alles!!
Ik vindt het knap dat je toch nog wat aan je quilt hebt kunnen doen en het ziet er heel mooi uit.
Hopelijk een rustig weekend,
Groetjes Yvon.
Your poor mum. I hoop she's better soon. Same to Casper.
Your quilt looks gorgeous.
Just realized I have here couple of meters of fabric of the Civil War series which I bought and then never used...lol Your Civil War quilt looks just gorgeous.
Your quilt is beautiful! Half-square triangles are the bane of my existence.
Sorry to hear about your Mom, hope the new living arrangements work well.
I learned the cat/insulin thing the hard way. Kept giving ours insulin after she had started producing again. She was fine after we got her sugars settled, but scary for a while.
Love the quilt!
I'm so glad your Mom and Casper are both doing well.
Love your quilt. Sorry it is time for your mom to go to the old peoples home. Thougts to Casper as well.
Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches
Sending lots of healing thoughts your way. I hope they are both feeling better soon! Your quilt is coming right along!
Your quilt is looking great! I have always wished I could quilt, but me and sewing machines don't get along! Hope your ma gets well soon as well as your Casper.
I'm so glad your mom is ok, Ineke. It must have been very worrying for you guys.
Yikes and YAY about Casper. No more insulin shots is great news indeed.
The quilt is looking great. I wish you a quiet, peaceful, everyone-healthy kind of next week.
Your quilt is looking great so far. I'm hoping that I can start on my Month 3 blocks next week.
Sending good thoughts to your mom!
The colors in the quilt are beautiful. I especially like the top blocks with the lavender.
Sending good wishes to your Mom. I hope the move goes easily and that she settles into her new home happily.
Good luck with Casper too. I wish humans could be like cats with the insulin thing. LOL
I'm glad that your mother is okay--I'm praying that she is better and that the move goes well.
The quilt is gorgeous! Lovely blocks.
I hope Casper is doing better, too!
Post a Comment