June 11, 2011

Summer Knotgarden framed

On Thursday I went to the framer's to collect these pieces:

Chatelaine's Summer Knotgarden,

Chatelaine's Autumn Watergarden

and Bent Creek's Red Thread which is stitched by DD.

My plan was to post these photo's yesterday, but after a phonecall I had to hurry to my mother. She has fallen over while she was working in the garden and has a gigantic bruise on her leg. Because she couldn't walk on it there had to be someone in the house to take care. The GP came in the afternoon and fortunately it is only a bruise and there is nothing broken. One of my brothers also came and will take care of her for a couple of days. Poor mom: we even had to cancel her birthday party on Sunday. Friday was her 85th birthday, not quite as she had in mind. But we'll organize a big party for her when she feels better later this summer!

19 comments:

wendy111 said...

Your framed pieces look lovely, the frames really complement your beautiful work (and DD's).

Happy birthday to your mother and I hope she has a lovely party later this year when she is not so sore.

Unknown said...

Wat een prachtige stukken, de laatste van je dochter was voor mij een nieuw patroon , maar die staat nu op mijn verlanglijstje.

Ik hoop dat je moeder zich snel weer wat beter zal gan voelen,niet echt een leuk iets op je verjaardag(anders ook niet maar dit is wel zuur).

Groetjes Yvon.

Pauline said...

Wat een schitterende lijsten!
Passen er erg mooi bij.
Sterkte met je moeder.

Anne Marieke said...

Beautiful framing, Ineke.

I love L.' work too. A very pretty design and beauifully stitched.

Sending strong healing vibes and belated birthday wishes for your Mum. I hope she feels better soon.

Carol said...

Just lovely, Ineke! Both are such different pieces, but each is beautiful...

I do hope your mother heals quickly. My mom is nearly the same age (just turned 84) and I do worry constantly about her...

Nancy M said...

Beautiful framed pieces!!! So lucky it's just a bruise for your mom. At that age, it's easy to break bones! Hope she recovers quickly and gets her party!

Susan said...

Happy Birthday and speedy healing wishes to your Mom. I hope I'm still working in my garden when I'm 85.
Your finished pieces are beautiful. The frames and mats really set them off perfectly!

Teresa said...

Love your finished pieces, they are wonderful.
Hope you mom is feeling better soon.
Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

Anne said...

Congrats on getting your pieces framed! They look gorgeous! I love that bent creek piece too. I hope your mom will recover soon.

Take care

Anne from Doll's Musings

Annie Bee said...

Stunning. Love them all

Kathy said...

Those all framed up beautifully. I especially love the watergarden.
What do you do with all of your finished artwork?

K

valerie said...

Beautiful framing! They all look gorgeous! I hope your mother recovers well. My mom is 80 and recently fell. It's very worrisome.

Andie said...

Congratulations on your framed pieces they are lovely :D

Anonymous said...

Your framed pieces look gorgeous. So does the piece from your daughter.
Hope your mum is better soon.

mdgtjulie said...

Oh, that really sucks. I'm so sorry to hear that your mom was injured. I hope she'll feel better soon!! And your framed pieces look smashing. So does your DD's piece. The frames are wonderful!! Grats to you and her on the finishes!

Joysze said...

Beautiful frames for yours and DD's beautiful stitching, Ineke. :D

I'm so sorry to hear of your mom's fall and am glad to hear that she's ok. I hope her bruise heals up quickly.

Giovanna said...

They're all superb, Ineke, congrats to you and your daughter! All the best for your mother, I hope she'll be better soon.

Lissanne said...

These framed pieces are so beautiful! I think I have more to add to my wish list now!

Stitching Noni said...

Happy birthday to your Mum ;o). I do hope she gets better soon!

Your framed pieces are beautful - well done.

http://firefliescatsinthegarden.blogspot.com/