July 21, 2010

A Fairy

This is the Rose fairy I think. I couldn't trace the name of this one on the message boards. The others are Grass and Fern, Bluebell and Wisteria fairies as far as I could find with some help of Anne Marieke. She is also stitching the Fairy Flower Garden, but got a bit sidetracked.
Pauline, more pictures of this Chatelaine mandala you can find here in 'WIP pictures'.

For the sleeves I used the darkest avocado green of the materials list. And for the eyes I used the darkest brown of the hair. Only the pupils are done with a tiny black stitch.

10 comments:

Pauline said...

Prachtig zeg! Wat een mooie kleurcombinaties!

Anne Marieke said...

Beautiful fairy, Ineke! You did a great job with the eyes. I think the name "Rose Fairy" suits her.

Yep, I *did* get sidetracked, but your gorgeous fairy makes me want to get back to this project.

Carol said...

Oh, she is precious--what a beautiful piece this is :)

Giovanna said...

Your fairy is so pretty, well done!

Peonies & Magnolias said...

She is gorgeous.

Sandy

Nancy M said...

Can I just mail mine to you so you can stitch their faces?? LOL I don't like my first attempt. I will be taking it out and starting over. I was hard putting the backstitching over the over 1 area!!!! Yours look great! Is the sleeve backstitching supposed to be a different color??

Deb said...

This piece is truly stunning. The wings on the dragonflies look irridescent! One of these days I'd love to stitch this.

http://ingridsknitting.blogspot.be/ said...

Dit wordt echt een hele mooie ,weer prachtige kleuren en een super mooi patroon ...

Anonymous said...

That green is just perfect. She looks like she just flew in from the garden.

Isabelle said...

Ineke, your little Fairy is so precious : what a pretty stitching :-)) I love her !!