March 2, 2010

Feeding birds

In our backyard we feed a lot of different birds during the winter. Regular visitors are sparrows, robins, great and little tits, blackbirds and pigeons. Sometimes even a woodpecker comes to diner.

This afternoon we had a very exceptional visitor!

DD was just in time to take this beautiful photo of the sparrow hawk.

5 comments:

Anne Marieke said...

WOW, what a beautiful creature and what a great picture L. took!

Isabelle said...

What a great photo !!
This bird is so beautiful !!

Deb said...

How cool is that! Wonderful picture.

Anonymous said...

He looks mean! YIKES! But, awesome that you got the shot.

I haven't been able to capture a photo of the cardinal I hear in my back yard. Just about the time I find him he flits away.

Giovanna said...

Wow, what an impressive fellow! Kudos to your DD for the shot.