March 8, 2011

Sofie

This is Sofie, the cute crow on the second block of the Bunny Hill Designs 'Henrietta Wiskers' BOM project. Block three has been released last weekend and I have assembled the block already. I still have to add all the appliqué pieces: Henrietta herself again as on the first block.

Today I have brought Casper to the vets for an examination. He was not feeling well during the weekend and loosing weight. The vet discovered he has a fever and a lot of noise in his lungs. So they are going to examine a bloodsample and take X-rays of his chest. I can take him home and get the results later this afternoon. I really do hope it is not very disturbing!

-------
Casper has diabetes!
Tomorrow I'll get instructions how to give him insulin twice a day. And also the kind of behaviour I have to watch carefully and instructions how to act when there is a problem.
I hope we can get him tuned(?) soon: he'll feel much better then!
Poor cat!

5 comments:

Carol said...

Sofie is so cute!

I do hope Casper is okay--hopefully the vet will discover what is wrong with him and be able to help him get well...

Mel said...

pumpkins! very lovely.

Sorry to hear about Casper's diabetes. No fun. :(
Giving shots isn't so bad, just gotta get the hang of it.

Anonymous said...

I didn't know cats got diabetes. Hope he does better on his meds than I'm doing on mine right now. LOL Don't be surprised if it takes a couple of vet visits to get the amounts just right. Good luck, Casper. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Joysze said...

Oh Ineke, I'm so sorry to hear Casper has diabetes. Good luck with the insulin injections. I hope he'll get well quickly from getting them.

Sofie is cute. :)

Anne Marieke said...

Your Sophie is beautiful!

So sorry to hear about Casper. Sounds like you're very busy.