March 10, 2011

Henrietta

The third block of the Henrietta Wiskers BOM is finished too.

I am giving insulin injections to Casper for two days now. He is drinking considerably less than before, so the stuff is working. Now we have to find out how much insulin he needs to keep in balance. So I have to check his blood several times during the day. I really hate to pierce his little ears! But I know I'll have to do this for some time for his good. To leave him at the vet's in a cage for some days is also possible, though I dislike this as well. I hope he won't stay angry at me.


Thank you for your lovely and comforting comments.

6 comments:

wendy111 said...

Poor Casper, I hope you get his diabetes controlled soon and he does not have to have his sugar levels checked so often. Your next Henrietta block is lovely - I like the tones you are using in your fabrics. I keep thinking I should do this for my Mum as she loves squirrels.

Wendy

Joysze said...

Ineke..... seeing that picture of Casper made me LOL'ed. He's so darn cute!!! I'm sure it must hurt your heart so much to cause him pain, but it's just so he can get better. *hugs*

The squirrel square looks great. You're rolling right along with these ones.

Pauline said...

Je quilts zijn erg mooi!
En ik hoop dat het gauw beter gaat met de kat.

Giovanna said...

Big hugs to Casper, poor boy... Henrietta's really cute!

Isabelle said...

Oh Ineke, I really think our pets know very well that we take care of them and Casper won't be angry at you . Don't be worry about that : our little pets are pretty clever :-)
Your new Henrietta block is just cute :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh poor Casper! I totally understand how you feel. I have to test my blood. On an arm it's not so bad, but I can imagine on his little ear it stings a little.