August 3, 2010

A centipede

The crochet hen has got a friend! This lucky centipede is too big to be eaten by the hen, as it probably would have been in real life.

Today my birthday present arrived in the post: the Summer Knotgarden kit. I knew it would be impossible to resist for a week and opened the package immediately. The colours are a bit lighter in reality, but flashlight made the floss bags shiny. Aren't they beautiful?!


I think I will start Summer Knotgarden later this week, when the fourth gate of the Rose Garden Mandala is finished. So I'd better go stitching and stay off the computer for some time.

8 comments:

Pauline said...

Je hebt het haken wel helemaal te pakken hoor! Erg leuk!
En je nieuwe spulletjes zijn ook geweldig, heerlijk zo'n pakketje voor jezelf!

Sarah said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Ineke said...

Thanks Sarah. It's next Monday.

Carin said...

Leuk je reactie op mijn blog. Je beessie is erg leuk geworden en ik ben benieuwd naar je nieuwe project. Van je fairy flower garden ben ik helemaal weg !!
Ik weet nog niet of ik elke dag een blok maak, het ligt heel aan hoeveel tijd ik heb per dag.

Melanie said...

Oh these crochet animals are lovely, they really make me smile when I see them.
Great threads, I look forward to seeing your progress. Happy Birthday!

http://ingridsknitting.blogspot.be/ said...

ooohhh je haakwerkje is zooo leuk,heel mooi beestje :D , ik ben net begonnen met evening in the park ,maar vind nu op het patroon mijn speciale steken niet terug :( heb er namelijk geen symbolen voor :P!

Giovanna said...

The centipede is really cute! And now I know what to look forward to when my package arrives from Cindy :-)

Isabelle said...

Ho !! Ho !! a new very strange little animal !! it's cute , Ineke ....and what a lovely gift for your birthday: that looks wonderful, enjoy it :-)