August 28, 2010

CaHRH block 2 finished

This means I have stitched the July block in August and will have to finish the August block in September. And perhaps I will stitch the September block too, or a part of it. IF I don't get side tracked by all those other (new) projects. Some of them are calling me very loudly!

On Thursday Anne Marieke and I have been stash shopping at De Sampler in Haarlem.
I have bought some lovely fabrics for the Life is Beautiful quilt. Most of these quilts are made in red and cream, but I really couldn't resist these browns. This does mean I will have to choose another colour for the stitcheries; the red I have used doesn't fit anymore. Fortunately I have made only one stitchery till so far.

I also did buy the backing and the batting for the Tail Feathers quilt. This is the backing fabric.
And we both bought some fabric we are going to use for the My Garden stitcheries.
The Moda Evening Mist line of fabrics, which we'd like to use for the Courthouse steps isn't available in The Netherlands till the end of September. So at the end of the day we did order a nice collection of these series on a webshop!
It was a great day! Thanks, Anne Marieke!

9 comments:

Anne Marieke said...

Beautiful stitching, Ineke!

You are very welcome. I enjoyed our day too.

Now.....let me guess what you're starting next ;o) My Garden part 1?

Deb said...

Congratulations on finishing your block. There looks like there's a ton of stitching in that one. Love all your fabrics too - especially those browns. Ymmm.

Isabelle said...

Hello Ineke, your new block is just nice : when I see your different progresses, mine is calling me too :-)
Beautiful stash and it is just wonderful to spend a lovely time with a friend .
Have agreat Sunday,
Isabelle

Unknown said...

Het ziet er allemaal mooi uit, de kleuren van de stoffen spreken mij wel aan, veel plezier ermee en succes met je volgende borduurblok.

Groetjes Yvon.

Carol said...

Congratulations on the completion of another block, Ineke! It looks just wonderful. Which one will you do next?

Pauline said...

Wat leuk is dat huisje, dat borduurt vast lekker!

Nancy M said...

Congrats on another block! You aren't too far behind. You have one more day of August!

Siobhán said...

Congrats on finishing your block! Love your new stash, too.

Giovanna said...

Well done on the new block, Ineke, it's lovely!