December 21, 2009

Tail Feathers block 6

I decided to start with another Tail Feathers block for a change. I prepared blocks 4, 5 and 6 at the same time; cut the fabrics, ironed the application parts on it and the stitcheries. Because block 6 was on top of the pile I started with finishing this one first. As you can see there is a red strip missing at the bottom. I will add this when my new honeybun arrives in January. The rows of little squares on top and bottom are also missing; these will be added later this week. My mom is coming to stay with us for some days and those squares will be perfect to stitch while we are chatting.


Outside it is cold with a lot of snow, but Cleo is enjoying the heath of a pipe in the floor.
Yummy! Water with fish flavour!
Casper is searching for the view.
Now I have to do a lot of cleaning, but later today I will try to put some stitches in Autumn Watergarden. I ordered the kit for the new Chatelaine mystery Peacock Garden yesterday! Before I can start with it I'll have to finish Autumn Watergarden, because I think I need those big scroll bars. Always nice to have a good excuse to stitch!
Thank you for all your wonderful compliments on the Flower Medallions.

4 comments:

Anne Marieke said...

Beautiful work, as usual, Ineke!

What a lovely piccie of Cleo snoozing, and of Casper trying to look out of the window.

Great to hear that you are picking AW back up again. I need some motivation!

Babs said...

Lovely cats, and the quilt is nice aswell.

I want to wish you a Merry Christmass and a Happy Newyear.

Olwen said...

Ineke, you are so talented. those quilt blocks are beautiful.
Great photos of your cats. What is the other black and white one called?

Merry Christmas to you and yours
Olwen

Etha said...

The tail feathers block is beautiful!! It looks like a fun stitching to do :)
Adoring your kitties, what neat pictures :)