November 29, 2011

'Moonlight Visitor'

This is pattern 9 of the Blackbird Designs 'Anniversaries of the Heart' series. WS are the initials of one of my great grandmothers and 1868 is her year of birth. I am substituting all the initials and dates by the ones of my female ancestors, mother, sister and daughter. Pattern 6 will be an exeption, because on this one I am stitching the year in which my parents married and both their initials.

12 comments:

MarchAnn said...

Very nice Ineke, what a great idea to substitute the ancestors initials. I love the coloring on this and your stitching looks very nice.

Michele said...

Beautiful sampler! Your stitching is always perfect. :)

MoonBeam said...

Beautiful, Ineke. This block is one of my favorites in the series. It has a different look. Must get back to mine.

Nice going.

Bobbi

Chris said...

Beautiful finish.

Sarah said...

Very pretty! Love the butterfly!

Minnie said...

Beautiful work and great idea.

Giovanna said...

That's lovely, well done!

Kate said...

I love the colours used in this one. Very pretty.

Unknown said...

Beautiful. :)

Anne said...

Beautiful BBD Ineke!! I love this block the most with the pretty purples and the butterfly!

Joysze said...

That looks so awesome, Ineke and brilliant idea with the initials!!

Mel said...

So awesome!
I love the purple butterfly. You're just smoking through those pieces.