November 16, 2011

Civil War Chronicles quilt

I made four of these blocks for month 8.

And four of these for month 9.
This are all the partsI made till thus far. The whole thing is going to be HUGE!

On Thursday we (my sister, two of the brothers and I) cleared out mom's old house. It was a lot of work, but we also shared much laughs and loads of memories. Now the house is empty exept for the curtains at the front side, the carpet and some of the lamps. We hope we can sell it quickly.

Next weekend is another IHSW! How time flies! For more information just click on the button on the side bar. My plans are to stitch some more of Herbularius part 4 and BBD Loose Feathers 'Autumn'.

11 comments:

Diane (di) said...

Ineke, that quilt is going to be beautiful. Beautifully pieced. Looking forward to seeing part 4 of Herbularius, too. :)

Anne Marieke said...

Beautiful work, Ineke! Your patchwork is perfect, as usual.

It looks enormous in the photograph. Pfew!

Minnie said...

Beautiful quilt squares, there is something about the brown one that draws you in, as a matter of fact the whole quilt is fantastic. Can hardly wait to see more.

Pauline said...

Wat een geweldige quilt!

Sarah said...

Your quilt is gorgeous!! Looking forward to seeing part 4 of Herbularius

Anonymous said...

I can almost hear the Civil War quilters singing "When Johnny Comes Marching Home" while they work on that quilt. It is spectacular!

DK

MoonBeam said...

Wow, your quilt is beautiful. Those Civil War repros aren't my favorites, bur you've done a great job with your colors.

Good work on getting the house cleaned out. It sounds like you made it a happy affair. Good luck with the sell...I hope your market is stronger than here in the states.

I've been working on LF Autumn...it's coming along slowly. It seems that sometimes I just can't count!

Bobbi

Giovanna said...

Your quilt is looking beautiful! Lovely work, Ineke!

Melanie said...

The quilt is beautiful and all put together so far looks stunning.

StitchyDon said...

Such a beautiful piece of work. The quilt is going to be amazing!!

Joysze said...

Ineke, *THUD* WOW!!! It's stunning!!!