As you can see I finally finished the chelidonium herb and also stitched some of the Rhodes stitches stones in the arches. Part 4 with the right side arches and herbs is printed and waiting already. In a queue with Autumn Knotgarden, Spring Knotgarden, the three remaining blocks of month 8 and the new fabrics of month 9 of the Civil War Chronicles quilt and a dragon's hind leg.On Friday and Saturday my sister, mom and I sorted out a lot of things in mom's old house. We made huge piles 'second-hand stuff' and 'rubbish'. And had a lot of fun. Mom and my sister went today to sort out the last things. Next week Thursday two of our brothers will come and help to carry bags and boxes into the van of the second-hand shop and bring the remaining things to the dump. After that it will take about a day to clean the whole house. We hope we can sell it within a couple of months.
I found an old photograph of the house. My great-grandparents (oerpake en oerbeppe) are standing in front of it. They have built it for their daughter's wedding. My dad and his elder brother are born in this house. Some years later their family moved out to a house on the other side of the village and my widowed great-grandmother moved into this house.
11 comments:
What a wonderful picture that is, Ineke! I love seeing the home where you lived as a child and your oer-grandparents look lovely.
And as for Herbs: wow, isn't that beautiful! It looks like a lot of stitching.
Gorgeous progress on Herbalarium!! Love that old picture of your great grandparents. What a beautiful house they build!
Wow great picture of your family, I am sure it means a lot.
Love part 3 it is really nice and boy I am still behind. You are really moving along.
Happy Stitching
Gorgeous progress!
I think it's amazing that you have pictures of your great-grandparents!
Beautiful stitching.
Wonderful that you have a photo with such family history.
What a wonderful find! It's so nice to have pictures like this.
Herbularius looks wonderful. And it sounds like you're going to be busy in November!
Congrats on finishing this part of Herbularius! Fascinating pic of your great gramdparents.
Your Herbularius is looking wonderful. I found you by accident after looking for people who had finished Mary Wigham as I'm stitching mine at long last. You've done some beautiful stitching.
Herb looks fantastic, Ineke! LOL!!! I know the feeling... I have CG and SK parts to get too also. Nowhere as much as you and I'm feeling buried... that and I'm going to start Butterfly... oh boy!!!
What a precious photo!! It's amazing how nice and new it still looks, Ineke. :)
What a wonderful photo! I'm glad you were able to find so many nice things in your Mom's house. You are the keeper of the memories ow.
Your "Herb" is coming along nicely. How many Chatelaine designs have you stitched? Your home must be a beautiful museum.
The old photo is priceless.
Bobbi
Post a Comment