Finally I finished the first of the herbs, 'carduus'. This project really is very time-consuming, but so well worth the effort.The knitted dragon is still missing one of his hind legs. I will try to knit this later today, stuff it and give it eyes.
I also cut another block of the Civil War Chronicles quilt. But I made a mistake in measuring the size of some patches, so I had to substitute them by new ones. And this morning I discovered I turned some parts upside down when I assembled the block. The third attempt seems to be succesful till so far. Still three more month 8 blocks to go.
On Friday and Saturday my sister and I will sort out a lot of stuff from mom's old house. Two weeks from now the second hand shop will come to collect a load of stuff, at least we hope they will take a lot of things.
9 comments:
Herbularius looks beautiful! As my Grandmother would say, "Lots of fiddly bits". Every picture I see of it makes me want to start it. Looking forward to seeing the finished dragon.
Beautiful stitching, looking forward to seeing more! :)
Looks great!
You are right! So worth the effort; it is absolutely beautiful. :))
Looks great, and you are still way ahead of me. I have reached the outer edge than I get to go back and bead.
I love coming to your page to see your great progress to get me back to stitching. Keep up the great work.
That is very beautiful. I love the colors on it.
Love Herb, Ineke!!! Those blues sitting on top of all that green makes me smile. :D
Eeek. Sorry you had to redo the quilt piece. :(
Have fun with your sister and good luck with all the sorting.
Wauw, Herbularius wordt prachtig! Ik ben voorlopig nog niet zo ver.
Leuk van die breinaaldenkokers trouwens. Ik heb er ook zo een van mijn oma.
Succes met alles uitzoeken.
Lovely stitching on this very special design! Nice to see it progressing so well.
Post a Comment