October 10, 2011

Loose Feathers 2011

No Herbularius update but a finish. This is part #1 of the 2011 Blackbird Designs Loose Feathers Club. Part #2 should have been released in September, but will be shipped out in October Alma wrote on her blog.

On Saturday mom and I have been to the old house again to clear cupboards. There are many cupboards in the old house, all loaded with 'stuff'! Many boxes with very old photographs, so mom told many stories about her childhood in Indonesia. She lived there at the time it still was a Dutch colony. Next Saturday we are going to clear more cupboards.

Thank you for visiting and for all your lovely comments.

13 comments:

Susan said...

Loose Feathers looks great. This is currently on my list for 2012, but I reserve the right to start it sooner. How wonderful to have stories from family.

Anonymous said...

Loose Feathers is beautiful and so different from what I usually see you stitch.

Enjoy the time with your MUM. Cleaning out cupboards is dusty work, but think of all those wonderful stories.

Giovanna said...

Very pretty! I'm looking forward to the second part too.

MoonBeam said...

The LF was a fun stitch, wasn't it?

Love your cleaning cupboards story.

Bobbi

MarchAnn said...

This looks so nice, the material really sets off the stitching.

Diane (di) said...

Ineke, that looks beautiful. Your stitching and the fabric is wonderful. See you at IHSW this weekend. :)

Pauline said...

Wat een mooie en leuke finish!

Joysze said...

Love the soft, soothing colors on this one, Ineke. That must have been wonderful going down memory lane with your mommy. :)

The Outgoing Introvert said...

Wonderful progress on Lose Feathers! Your work is beautiful and I look forward to visiting you more. I found you through the IHSW sign up!

Carin said...

Je borduurwerk ziet er geweldig uit !! Ook je blok van de civil war uit het vorige logje is prachtig. Mooie kleuren gebruik je ervoor !

Siobhán said...

Lovely finish, Ineke! I need to get mine stitched before the autumn one arrives!

Have a great weekend!

Anne Marieke said...

That's beautiful, Ineke! Gorgeous stitching and I love the colours. The fabric looks a lot darker than the bit you sent me. More pale chocolaty.

Now I'm tempted to use a piece of Bay Leaf jobelan for this project.

Hopefully not too long before part two arrives. Love the preview I saw on their blog.

Patti-Rocky Mtn Stitcher said...

Love it! had to get it!