April 22, 2011

Fairy Garden again

There is still a lot of stitching left to be done as you can see. I'd like to finish the top part, which is most plants and the doilies in the left corner. But the scrolls in the centre stitch up very easy for a change. And when the big plant and the doilies and dragonflies on the right side are stitched I've done another major part of this design. Perhaps I could do a bit of every part.....

A picture of the blue plants around the scrolls in the centre.

Unfortunately the growth on Julius side is back and growing fast. Because he doesn't like it when it is touched I've started to give him a pain reliever every morning. There is nothing else we can do after several surgeries. Nothing but keeping him comfortable and love and cuddle him as much as we can.

Casper is doing well and much more active after we increased the amount of insulin again. He probably will need a higher quantity, because he still drinks more then he should do. Within two weeks he'll have another bloodtest.

It looks like poor Cleo is neglected, but she gets her daily portion of quality time with DD because she prefers to lay om DD's bed or desk within reach area.

Thank you for visiting and for your lovely comments on the dragonflies and other posts.

11 comments:

Freddysmama (Kirstin) said...

Beautiful work! I love these Chatelaine Mandalas. I don't know if I'd ever be brave enough to tackle one though! Wow.

Lots of cuddles for your beautiful Julius :(

Nancy M said...

Your fairy is coming along nicely. Your closeup picture with the viney plants are where I am slowing down. I don't know why I don't like doing that part. Maybe because it's more counting than just filling in the x's..... oh well.

Sarah said...

Your fairy garden is beautiful!

I'm so sorry that Julius is not doing so well. Give him lots of hugs and cuddles from me.

Isabelle said...

Your stithcing is coming along very nice and the colors of this deisgns are really gorgeous .
I wish you a lovely Easter week-end :-))

Joysze said...

I never tire of seeing your WIPs, Ineke. They're always so beautiful and such an inspiration! :D

I'm sorry to hear about Julius. *hugs* Thanks for the update on Casper, hope the next blood test will be a good one.

mdgtjulie said...

Hi Ineke. I'm new to your blog, and wanted to introduce myself. I'm Julie, from Cincinnati, OH, USA. I found your blog through Nancy M's blog. I love your Fairy Garden. It's on my list of charts to buy this summer. Keep up the good work. I'm sorry to hear about Julius and Casper. It's never good when a fammily member is ill. I hope you can keep Julius pain free until it's time for him to go. And I hope Casper's next blood test is good. It's so hard when our furbabies are sick. It's not like you can tell them they will feel better after pain meds, or with a new type of insulin. Keep your chin up.

Deb said...

Such a beautiful piece. Just beautiful!@!

Anne said...

Fairy Gardens is so lovely, especially the dragonflies. Sorry to hear about Julius :( poor lil' guy. I hope he will be okay.

Lonneke said...

Wow. I love your stitching, it's gorgeous!

Giovanna said...

This is a spectacular project - what perfect stitching!

I'm sorry to read about Julius :-(

Siobhán said...

What a beautiful piece! Your work is exquisite.

Big hugs about Julius. I'm thinking about you!