April 17, 2011

Dragonflies and doilies

As promished an update of the Fairy Flower Garden. I still have to add the beads to this part as you can see. Because my lamp-with-magnifier literally collapsed yesterday afternoon I couldn't continue the beading. Fortunately DH found a way to repair the lamp by reinforcing the part in the bace with a metal cillinder so the stand with the hinges will not fall over anymore. At least I do hope it won't; I am going to test it later today.


DD did have a wonderful week in Sweden. She came home with loads of enthousiastic stories about Swedish schools and nature. And of course about all the adventures the group did encounter.

On Thursday I have brought Frosty Knotgarden and Autumn Watergarden to the framer! It took al long time to select a frame and a passe-partout for the Watergarden, while almost the first choice we selected was perfect for the Frosty Knotgarden. Now I will have to wait for about two weeks till I can collect them.

Thank you for your lovely comments, I do appreciate them very much.
Amurina you can enlarge the fairies faces on the photo's in my Webshots album.

7 comments:

Giovanna said...

Lovely dragonfly! Martina is so good at designing dragonflies, and I happen to love the subject :-) Great progress. Ineke!

Pauline said...

O, Ineke, dit is zo,n mooi werk! Prachtig.

Isabelle said...

Your upadate is so beautiful, Ineke : gorgeous stitching as always :-))

Karen said...

Lovely update - I hope your lamp & magnifier stays put!! Can't wait to see your other pieces back from the framer - I have MTM being framed right now, I'm so excited :)

Joysze said...

Oh my, Ineke. This is STUNNING!!! I had NO idea that there was all that intricate, beautiful stitching by the dragonflies. LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!! Can't wait to see Frosty and Autumn framed up.

Glad to hear that your daughter is home safe from Sweden. :)

Mireille said...

Zo mooi, zo fijn, ...
Ben ook benieuwd naar de lijsten die je gekozen hebt en natuurlij naar het eindresultaat.
Gr,
Mireille

Beaupippin said...

Looking very pretty, cant wait to see it finished.