This is part one of the Chatelaine Mini Mystery 01 'Amber and Aquamarine'. It is a small design and easy to stitch and I really love the combination of colours. I still have to add some crystals, which will soon arrive together with the Hummingbird kit from ECC I hope. This is going to be a series of four small designs with a gemstone theme. I am wondering which gemstones will be choosen for the other designs. This was not exactly what I had in mind feeding birds in the backyard!
The sparrow hawk (sperwer in Dutch) caught one of the blackbirds and left nothing but a bunch of feathers. I could make a photograph through the window glass while he was eating.

16 comments:
Wat geweldig om een roofvogel ( havik?) zomaar in je tuin te zien!
Je borduurwerk is heel mooi, zo fijntjes.
The mini mystery looks already fantastic. Love those colors.
Although it is so very sad to see a bird get killed, somehow these hawks are beautiful birds too. But I rather wouldn't want them killing a bird in my backyard either.
Ah, the joys of Nature...
Lovely start on Martina's design!
I love all the sparkle and shine on the mini-mystery piece. It's already beautiful! Can't wait to see the rest.
prachtig borduurwerkje en een hele mooie foto van de Sperwer!
Had je de camera vlak bij je liggen?
Wat een gebeurtenis, en nog een vraagje hadden je katten niet zoiets van wat gebeurd er nu weer in de tuin?
Wij kijken beide graag naar roofvogels, maar zo in je eigen tuin is natuurlijk weer heel wat anders.
Groetjes Yvon.
Another lovely start!
Love the new mini-mystery. Looking forward to the rest.
Mooie start, ik vind de Chatelaine echt prachtig, en dan die sperwer, wow die had echt honger
Groetjes
Erna
It's looking fabulous, Ineke. :D
Lovely start!
What an unexpected visitor!
Looking very pretty so far, watching this one with interest. I'm having a rest from Chatelaines this year, but may pick one up later in the yera when I have time!
Your mystery looks pretty so far, I'll be looking forward to more pictures of it.
Eeek!! I don't think I've seen hawks like that in Ireland. I've seen them in the US, though! I was driving in the car one day & a hawk swooped down, grabbed a rodent in the grass near the car, and was flying off all in a split second--while the car was moving. We all screamed in the car but the hawk was fine! Poor little rodent, though. Eek. Poor blackbird! I love blackbirds.
Your Chatelaine WIP is gorgeous so far!
Mini Mystery 01 is gorgeous. Beautiful stitching as usual (I know I keep saying this, but your stitching is just perfect).
Poor blackbird, that's all I feel when I see the picture, but I do admire the sparrow hawk's beauty.
What a lovely start :D Thanks for stopping by my blog and the info..... looks like your Chat wip list is as long as my wish list lol
Eeeek! Nature can be brutal but I do love the hawk's fierce gaze!
Post a Comment