December 29, 2010

Julius

I had to bring Julius to the vet's again this morning for another surgery; poor cat. The growth on his side did come back and because it is still small (the size of a little green pea) and only in the skin (the vet thinks it is) it should be removed as quick as possible. The lab wasn't sure about the edges of the piece of Julius that has been removed in the former surgery, so there was a possibility of relapse. Blood analyses have proved there were no disseminations to the liver, therefore it is worth while to give Julius another chance. Surgery always is a certain risk, especially for an old cat with a hart problem, but I do hope he comes through again. They'll give a ring when the surgery is done, later this morning. I can take him home by five o'clock.

Another LHN ornament finished: 'Under the Tree'. Still three ornaments left to complete the series.

And I have joined the squares of three borders of the Snowbound quilt to long rows already. Now I am going to make the last border while I am waining for the phone call of the vet.

***
The vet has phoned: Julius came through the surgery without any problems and is sleeping on a warm blanket in a recovery cage. The growth was only in his skin and could be removed quite easily. He'll be home again tonight!

10 comments:

Giovanna said...

So sorry about Julius - I hope he pulls through quickly. Lovely ornament!

Anne Marieke said...

Fingers crossed for Julius! Poor boy, having to go through surgery again. But worth it if it gives him another chance.

Another very cute ornament!

Babs said...

I hope everything turns to be allright with Julius. I couldn't miss Nelle anymore aswell.

Anonymous said...

Good that Julius came through the surgery just fine and that it's only in his skin. Hopefully he recovers fast.
The ornament looks lovely.

Carol said...

Wonderful to hear that Julius is recovering and will be home soon!

I love your latest ornament :)

rozemie said...

With my own cat sitting comfortably on my lap, I can imagine your worries. I would also be terrified if anything happened to him. Best wishes for Julius, hope he recovers quickly.

Unknown said...

Arme Julius. gelukkig was het deze keer maar een klein plekje, fijn dat je hem straks weer kan ophalen.
Je ornamentje is leuk geworden, past het nog wel bij alle andere?

Groetjes Yvon.

Sarah said...

I'm glad Julius came through surgery well!

The ornament is lovely.

Anonymous said...

Glad everything went well with Julius. He looks so comfy on his cat tree.

Pauline said...

Fijn dat het goed is gegaan!
Is Julius inderdaad vanavond weer thuis gekomen?