October 7, 2010

A mini-quilt top

The Scrappy Sheep mini-quilt top is finished and now ready for basting and quilting!

I have also finished the twentyfour log cabin blocks for the border of the Tail Feathers quilt. This morning I arranged them around the centre part and started to sew them together. At the moment I really hope Casper doesn't have his crazy-ten-minutes-of-the-day and decides to make a nice sliding on them. The whole quilt lay-out is placed on the floor in my practice room. Casper was sleeping in a basket in the same room when I left him to make this update, so I decided it should be safe to let him there. But with cats you never know!

Yesterday I have been to the dentist who has made me two beautiful crowns. One on the broken tooth and one on another restored tooth, before it would break too. This way I had to spent only one afternoon in a dentist's chair, which is not one of my favorite things to do. The right side of my face feels a bit bruised now, but that will get well soon.
Thank you for all your nice comments.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ugh --- getting crowns is NO fun. Glad the worst is over.

The quilt with the sheep is adorable. They certainly are surrounded by happy colors.

Unknown said...

De quilt ziet er prachtig uit, leuk al die kleurtjes.
Ik hoop voor je dat je snel minder last hebt van je gebit,ik kreeg afgelopen januari een nieuwe kroon en weet nog goed hoe ikme toen voelde.

Groetjes en sterkte Yvon.

Pauline said...

Wat een fantastische mooie quilt!
Ook de kleuren zijn zo lekker fris!
Erg mooi.

Sarah said...

Looks fantastic Ineke!

Carol said...

Your mini-quilt looks wonderful, Ineke--so bright and cheerful :)

Blu said...

Love the jewel colours!

Siobhán said...

Your quilt is beautiful, Ineke! Sorry to hear about the teeth. :P Yuck on getting crowns, but I suppose it's better than having to get the teeth pulled.