November 4, 2009

The first corner

It is time for an update of my Fairy Flower Garden. I finished stitching and beading the first corner and some of the flowers of the outer border.

On the close up you can see the difference between the big flowers of both hollyhocks. I still have the feeling parts of the one on top are missing.

Now I am going to finish some more blocks of the neglected Thimbleberries and Tail Feathers quilts. The pile of packages is at least four blocks high by now....

8 comments:

Anne Marieke said...

OH WOW, Ineke, that's gorgeous! You made great progress.

You're right, those top hollyhocks have been 'nibbled'.

Deb said...

I just cannot believe how much progress you've made on this piece. I am truly in love with your stitching. It's going to be drop dead gorgeous when you're finished with it. I really can't wait to see more progress.

Giovanna said...

It's stunning, Ineke, and you're going so fast!

bells said...

This is soooo beautiful! And you are stitching it up so quickly, it seems! Can't wait to see more :)

Isabelle said...

Wow !!! Ineke, your stitching is just gorgeous !! I like it very much : so nice colors !!
Have a great day,
Isabelle

Etha said...

ohboy you've come so far!! this looks gorgeous :) I didn't realize there are "doily" parts in the corners as well, more headache counting for me LOL. Its great to see the completed corner!

Nancy M said...

It just looks so lovely and dainty!! I have started working my way out before getting all the other insides done....taking clues from your stitching!

Mel said...

Wow, this is such a great pattern. Looking great!