November 8, 2009

Scroll bars and more

Last Thursday my new sets of scroll bars arrived in a nice package, much quicker than I expected. And of course I had to try out at least one of the sets as soon as possible. Fortunately I did have another Chatelaine chart and kit launching around on a shelve, so here it is:

The start of the Flower Medallions.

The chart of Christmas at Hawk Run Hollow arrived on the same day. And a dwarf for my Snow-white figures collection and a nice piece of fabric I swapped with a stitching friend.
I decided it would be very nice to stitch the Hawk Run Hollow project with the recommended NPI silks on 40 count Examplar Lakeside Linen fabric, so another package will be on it's way soon.
The other scroll bars are meant for the Chatelaine Peacock Garden Mandala, which will start in January.

And I did finish month 10 of the Thimbleberries quilt. All the pieces of month 9 are cut already; I will sew them together somewhere next week.
Sometimes I have doubts about the interest of the things I write and show over here. Thank you very much for the encouraging comments.

8 comments:

Michele said...

Love your start on your Flower Medallion, Ineke! Gorgeous!

and your quilt colors are very pretty....hmmm...very similar to some colors of some curtains I've been working on....;))

(don't have doubts....write for yourself...it's actually fun to go back and look at some of your own posts and pictures once in a while!)

Deb said...

I love what you write about, so don't have any doubts. You have varied interests (so do I) so it's great to read your blog.

You know that I'm in love with Fairy Flower Garden, and now I see another piece with dragonflies. I love it. And I'm a quilter too (and a fan of Thimbleberries) so I love seeing your quilting too.

Anne Marieke said...

Hi Ineke,

Never fear, your blog is fun!

Love the Flower Medallions and your Thimbleberries block is just perfect! The fabrics are really pretty too.

Reina said...

I am Reina, another member of the Fairies group, and your pictures are amazing and so inspiring! I have not started mine yet--need to still kit it up, but I am adoring following your progress. I too quilt and do other needlearts, so I am enjoying your blog. I blog too, but stitching is only a very small part of what I include. You are welcome to take a look if you'd like though: http://reinastoy.blogspot.com

~Reina (aka Rae62)

Giovanna said...

I will never lose interest in a blog that shows such gorgeous dragonflies :-)

Great start to the Flower Medallions, and lovely quilting too. Glad you received your Hawk Run Hollow chart, I hope the materials arrive soon.

Mel said...

wow, great start on the dragonflies. Love it! Glad you enjoying your new scroll rods.
I also look forward to a pic of Hawk Run Hollow!

Etha said...

Oh wow you are doing the flower one as well? Brave woman :)
The start is sooooo pretty! I just love your dragonflies. I have extreme problems counting out for the veins with them, very slow going for me.

Isabelle said...

Your progresses are very nice Ineke and I like reading your post :-)
Thanks so much for the link about the SAL :-)