August 28, 2009

Back home

We arrived home yesterday evening after a long trip and found three very happy and healthy cats. Now I am busy with getting all the dust and cathair out of the house (they do loose a lot of hair in three weeks!!), grocery shopping and huge piles of laundry. Weeds also grow very fast in three weeks, but the garden will have to wait till tomorrow. We discovered a lot of new gourds and the ones that were there already got spectacular different colours. I wonder what is still hiding between the other plants.
As can you see I made nice progress on the Mary Wigham sampler. One of the birds is missing because I ran out of yellow. I will get a new skein next week or so and finish the medallion.

In the car I knitted almost all the borders of the blanket. I am very glad I finally found something to do during long trips! Next year I'll try some socks.


For the friends and neighbours who have been looking after the cats I found this tea towel in a little shop somewhere in The Highlands. It is a proper present in my opinion.

Now there is more laundry waiting..... And some phonecalls. After that there should be time to do some stitching! I printed the material lists of online classes 32 and 33 so I can go through my stash to find out if I have some leftovers of the silks. I am going to order both kits (as a belated birthday present).
Thank you for visiting my blog and the hearty comments.

5 comments:

Diane (di) said...

Welcome home Ineke! Mary Wigham is absolutely stunning and beautifully stitched. I'm tickled to see that I have company in the knitting department(and your blanket is sooo pretty). I have been able to resist ordering the charts/materials for Online 32/33 so far. I don't think I will last much longer.. I'll be watching for your progress pics until I cave. :)

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! The tea towel is a PURR-fect gift for those that watched the kitties.

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good vacation, and what stunning pics of Scotland! Great progress on MW and MM6 too - I'll look forward to see your MM6 finished once the last part gets issued :-)

Eva said...

An orange blanket knitted by a NL girl : LOL LOL
I wonder what other color could you use ? ROFL

Is it for the next world football championship support ? ;-))))))

Ineke said...

Hi Eva, it is a more brownish orange, terra-cotta colour. You can see the other colours in my last post. And I don't like football!! ;-)