August 15, 2009

Scotland #1

An impression of Scotland. We are on vacation traveling from one hotel to another. The views are amazing and changing almost every minute when the clouds move and the light fades.
This is Rannock Moor in the south west of the Highlands.
On the road following the west coast we saw this unnamed castle ruin. It is Castle Stalker, my daughter confirmed she saw the sign. Thanks AnneMarieke.
Tomorrow we move on again, to the Isle of Skye. And after that it goes up to the north.
And I can knit in the car on the highway! I knitted almost one side of the blankets borders!
I am also making some progress on the Mary Wigham sampler. I'll post a picture when we are back at home again.

3 comments:

Anne Marieke said...

I think that is Castle Stalker, isn't it?

Skye is lovely! I visit it twice a year. Have friends there.

Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures! Hmmm....getting home to the castle could be a dicey situation in a gale! LOL

But, I would guess door-to-door salesmen aren't much of a problem.

Anne Marieke said...

Dee, if this is Castle Stalker (and I'm almost sure it is) you can get to it on foot at low tide.