Suddenly I stopped working on Spring Knotgarden for a while and got the chintz and indigo quilt project out of it's box. I bought the fabrics at Den Haan & Wagenmakers some years ago, started patching and abandonned the project after a while. The hour glass pattern with a star medaillon in the centre is often used in antique Dutch quilts, so I decided it has to be a pattern like this for these fabrics. Because of the shiny coating chintzes are not easy to work for handpiecing.

When my wrist starts aching too much I'll switch to Spring Knotgarden again :o)
Thank you very much for the overwhelming number of lovely comments on my previous post!
3 comments:
So many beautiful fabrics. Love the center, too. Great job Ineke!
Het ziet er heel mooi uit.
Prachtige stoffen heb je hiervoor bij elkaar.
Fijne paasdagen,
Groetjes Yvon.
The colors are gorgeous on this, Ineke. Can't wait to see it put together. :D
Post a Comment