March 26, 2012

Liebster blog award

At first a picture of the finished Loose Feathers 2011 project. Because of some miscounting the open seam is smaller then I planned, but it looks alright. I choose a finish like this because it is too expensive to have every project framed. I prefer to have the Chatelaines framed with all their silks and beads.

DD discovered this spectacular blooming plant in the public garden nearby. It is 'groot hoefblad' in Dutch, 'Petasites Hybridus' or 'Butterbur' in English.

Heli honored me with a Liebster Blog Award! Thank you very much Heli.
Liebster is a German word meaning favourite, dearest or beloved. The Liebster Blog Award is awarded by bloggers to other new bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers, to help spread the word about their blogs and to help them gain wider recognition.
The Liebster award comes with four conditions that each recipient must satisfy when accepting:
1. Choose 5 up-and-coming blogs with less than 200 followers to award the Liebster to.
2. Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
3. Post the award on your blog. List the bloggers you are giving the award to with links to their sites. Leave comments on their blog so they know about the award.
4. Share 5 random facts about yourself that people don't know about you.

It is very hard to choose, because there are so many lovely blogs.
Moonbeam Anything and everything but mostly stitching
Yvon Jioya's world
Michele A Simple Thread
Anne Marieke A Passion for Threads
Agi Agi & the X Factor

Now the hardest part, the five facts about myself:
1. I like to read detective thrillers, but also fantasy like Lord of the Rings.
2. I am a really terrible housekeeper and prefer stitching to cleaning.
3. I get travel-sick in everything that moves, like cars, boats and roundabouts.
4. I don't like to exercise, except hiking.
5. I love chocolate, especially the big creamy things.

9 comments:

Giovanna said...

That's a great way to finish the BBD! I might copy the idea for Midnight Watch (whenever I manage to finish it). Congrats on the award - we share facts 1 and 2 :-)

Unknown said...

I think your finish suits the design very well! Some projects actually look better finished in ways other than framing. And I agree with you about the Châtelaines - with all the silks, crystals, beads and metallic threads, it feels like they require to be finished by framing them.

Diane (di) said...

Congratulations on your BBD finish and your award, Ineke.

(love your BBD finishing, too.) :)

Katrina said...

Very pretty finish!!! I love Blackbird designs :-).

Sarah said...

Congrats on the finish! It's lovely!

mdgtjulie said...

Grats on the finish, Ineke. It looks huge!! Well done, you. And I"m glad Heli passed the award on to you. (I gave it to her, lol.) Grats on that too!

Susan said...

What a wonderful finish on Birds of a Feather! That's a very interesting flower, I hadn't ever seen one like that. Congratulations on the awards.

Debby said...

Wat een goed idee om zo je borduurtje op te hangen! Want het is inderdaad erg duur om alles in te laten lijsten.

Groetjes Debby

Joysze said...

Love Loose Feathers!!! Another stunning finish, Ineke. :D

I get travel sickness too. Can't do planes to safe my life. I'm ok in a car....