September 15, 2011

A new start

And of course it is Chatelaine's Herbularius, the Medevial Cloister Herb Garden! The new kit was irresistible, as most of the ECC kits are. I wonder why my Hummingbird kit is still untouched... Like most of my Chatelaines I am stitching Herbularius on antique white 32 count linen.

Because she was feeling queer after a change in her heart medication, mom and I went to her GP last Tuesday. After a check up the GP told us not to worry because everything is alright. Mom just has to get used to the new medication and all the changes in her life. He'd like to see us again in November. Now mom is trying to stuff as much things as possible out of the old house into her new place. I've moved several loads of boxes already! So much memories... We'll have to store some boxes in our attic too I guess.
In spring DD decided being a teacher isn't what she wants to be in future. Last week she started to study Pedagogical Sciences in Groningen, because she does have a strong affinity with children and the way they develop. Groningen is an hour by train, but in future she'll go searching for a room and move out.
I've also started working again after a long summer break. This means less stitching time and less blogging time I'm afraid. But this weekend I am going to enjoy another IHSW! Joyce provided a very cute button as you can see in my sidebar. You will get all the information you need when you click it. Of course I will be stitching Herbularius this weekend!

9 comments:

Giovanna said...

Lovely new start! Glad that there's no reason for alarm with your mother, and a happy new start of activities for you all.

Sarah said...

Beautiful start! Glad your mom's ok

Anne Marieke said...

What a beautiful new start, Ineke. You've made great progress already.

Good to hear that your Mum is doing alright and that there is nothing wrong with her. It sounds like she is settling in well in her new surroundings.

Blu said...

What a gorgeous new start!

Glad to hear that your Mum's ok.

Lissanne said...

Love how your Herbularius is looking! Beautiful on Antique White!!

Glad you mom is okay and it was nothing serious.

Lonneke said...

Herbularius ziet er prachtig uit! Ik kan niet wachten tot ik ook kan beginnen, maar ik zit nog steeds te wachten op mijn kit van ECC. Hoe lang duurt dat normaal voordat je een kit binnen hebt? Ik ben niet echt onder de indruk van hun service.
Fijn dat het met je moeder ok is.

Poussy Stitches My Love said...

very lovely !
adorable

bisous bisous

Anne said...

Lovely start! All the Chatelaine's are gorgeous. I would have difficulty deciding which one to tackle!!

Good to hear that your mom is ok and that your daughter figured out she didn't want to be a teacher. I'm a teacher and still subbing and waiting for that contract. Teaching is hard and often a thankless profession. You really need to be passionate about it otherwise, whats the point? Sounds like she can pursue more of an academic path which can be more fulfilling in making discoveries and changes from the top!

Good luck to her!!

Joysze said...

Glad to hear that everything is ok with your mom, Ineke. *hugs* about your daughter moving further from home. My moving away for school was really tough of both my mom and me.

Great Herb start!!!!! :D