September 7, 2011

Autumn Knotgarden part 2

Part 2 of Chatelaine's Autumn Knotgarden is finished! Only two colours are used for the cross stitches and loads of grey beads. About 160 beads in each scroll! The next part will be uploaded on the first day of November, so this project will be covered up in a dish towel and go to sleep for two months. Unfortunately I got a bad skein of Silk'n Colours 'gingersnap', one with zebra pattern and not dyed through and through. But lucky me found some leftovers of it from MM1 'Amber & Aquamarine' and Anne Marieke was so kind to send me the other half of this shared skein. Thank you very much, Anne Marieke! This will be sufficient to complete Autumn Knotgarden.
Now Spring Knotgarden is calling.
And my kit for Herbularius is on the way!

15 comments:

Karen said...

THAT is gorgeous!!! Love the flow of it!! That's weird about your skein of silk - glad you came up some you could use!

Anne Marieke said...

That's beautiful, Ineke! I would have expected more green, but perhaps these are autumnal colours.

You're welcome about helping you out with the Gingersnap. That's what we're here for, to help eachother out where necessary.

Happy stitching.

Anne said...

That's odd that you got such a wacky silk, but I suppose that happens from time to time. Love this pattern, especially the knots around the diamond and the blue blackwork! So pretty!

Sarah said...

Beautiful! Hopefully looking at the pretty pics of your's will stop me from dragging my kit out!

Susan said...

Beautiful. I really like the wandering paths. Love how the beads show up so well in your photograph.

ana~stitch said...

It's gorgeous INeke!! I LOVE the beaded scrollwork and your lovely neat stitching :)

Nancy M said...

It's so pretty!!! Love the scroll part.

Lissanne said...

This is beautiful!! I love how the beads in the scroll just pop with the color!! I hate the zebra strands. I had that problem with some threads for my Chinese.

Joysze said...

Ineke.... your WIPs are going to be the death of me. LOL!!! I was so sure that I wasn't going to stitch this one, even though I've joined the class... till I saw your WIPs. It's SOOOOOOO gorgeous!!!!

Teresa said...

That is just beautiful. Sorry you had trouble with the threads.
Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

Angie said...

I must stop looking at others WIP's of Chatelaine's. My Wishlist keeps growing.


I love the colors of this so far.

Giovanna said...

That's just lovely, and stitched so quickly! I've just received my supplies for this (at last) - first thing I did was check out the S'nC gingersnap, lol. It looks ok.

Agi said...

Hi Ineke,

I am planning to stitch this on 32ct, too, and I am wondering whether it is that difficult? I want to finish all the knotgardens and 32ct is much more elegant than 28. What is your opinion? This is my 2nd chatelaine, I have finished the mini mandala gardens (1-3), I am not very experienced with beading...

By the way your piece is gorgeous, I can hardly wait to start mine!

Sharon said...

It's gorgeous!

Jennifer M. said...

The detail in this piece is absolutely amazing. You have the patience of an angel and the eyesight of a hawk LOL! I'm really enjoying seeing your progress on these intricate designs you love working on.

Jen