February 13, 2010

Two pale singers

And some houses and a lantern and block 8 of Christmas at Hawk Run Hollow is done.

Now I will not work on this project till the beginning of March.

Look what I got in the mail today!


The Peacock Parden Mandala kit! Isn't it lovely! I have spent some time fondling all those beautiful coloured threads this afternoon, but didn't start stitching.

I have been cutting a lot of 4 cm squares instead. These are meant to make a scrappy Irish Chain blok between the Snowbound snowmen blocks. I also selected fabrics for block #2 and made all the appliqué parts of freezer paper. Toningt I planned to work on this quilt for some time.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's a lot of fibers and beads! Can't wait to see how it works up.

Nancy M said...

I've only gotten the bead packs from ECC since I try and get my silks on sale, or convert to a cotton. But even just the bead packs are so pretty. I can't imagine having the threads in the pack too...it's almost too pretty to stitch with. I said "almost"!! LOL

Deb said...

Your block looks great! And love that pack of fibers and beads. I've done a couple mandalas, and I just love playing with the kid when it arrives!

Annie Bee said...

He looks great. Don't you just love the way European Cross Stitch COmpany do up their parcels - Have fun with the fondling.

Anonymous said...

Your carolers are just lovely. The kit for the peacock mandala looks great too.

Siobhán said...

Your carolers look great! That kit for the mandala looks too good to open. Lots of lovely little goodies. :)

Anne Marieke said...

Lovely new HRH block, Ineke!

And that kit just looks like the most perfect gift you could ever give a stitcher :o)

Sarah said...

Wow! You've been busy. Hope to see some pics of the new mandala soon!

SnowySticher said...

The block is beautiful Ineke and threads for a Chatelaine are always so pretty

Etha said...

Your pale singers are gorgeous! quite pale though I agree ;)
The ECC kit is delicious as always, I could just buy these and hang them up the wall LOL.... bit pricey though.