February 14, 2010

Snowbound Irish Chain block

This is how I am going to make the scrappy Irish Chain blocks between the blocks with the snowmen. I will only use leftover fabrics from the other Thimbleberries quilts I made. I hope this will reduce the enormous pile of stash a bit. Each Irish Chain block is made of 49 squares and I need 13 of them. They are very nice to sew on hand while I am watching the Olympics on telvision.

February New Moon means a picture of the TUSAL jar. It is a bit messy under the bed, but it seems to be the perfect place to store things I don't need so often.
Thank you for all the lovely comments on the carolers and the wonderful ECC kit.

7 comments:

Deb said...

I think that your Irish Chain blocks are a great way to finish off your quilt! That's definitely a lot of pieces though!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh...that snowman is just TOO cute!

Your TUSAL jar is filling up nicely!

Blu said...

Wow! The Irish Chain blocks look amazing!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the way you're doing your Irish chain's. Still no clue how to do mine. Yours look fantastic

Etha said...

What a beautiful quilt block! love that lil snowman :)

Annie Bee said...

Love that idea for your Quilt and you TUSAL jar look great.

Isabelle said...

I love your Irish Chain blocks and your snowman is very lovely ,congratulations Ineke on your beautiful work :-))