The original idea was to use only blue indigo coloured fabric for the dark triangles. Like this:
When I leave out the indigo blue and make combinations of dark and light chintz fabrics it will look like this:The indigo looks dark and solid compared to the chintz, but shows all the beauty of the chintz.
Only chintz gives more harmony in fabrics, but is very colourful and disorganized.
What is your opinion, I wonder.

4 comments:
I think the problem of the second block is that you are making combinations of patterns which are all of the same size. That makes it very 'busy'.
On the left hand top corner, you have a red with flowers and a yellowish colour with smaller patterns, and that seems to work.
IMHO, the indigo is rather dark combined with the other fabrics.
I think it works to just use patterns, as long as you combine bigger and smaller patterns and maybe not too contrasting colours, like the bottom right-hand side. The white and blue contrasts too much with the green/cream fabric, IMHO.
HTH
I think go with the indigo blue as it really shows off the other materials.
I don't have a good eye for these things - but the fabrics are really pretty and whatever you decide I'm sure the quilt will be lovely.
Well, the second set looks very busy but the first will have a ton of indigo which might be overpowering...
I prefer the 1st...
Post a Comment