July 29, 2009

Cleo, a continuing story

On Monday we went to the vet to get Cleo's stitches out. This time it was the other vet and she thought it was the best to do the big surgery as soon as possible if we decided to let it be done and not wait till September. This lumps can grow very fast in a short time and it could be too late by than. She also thought Cleo was a very healty cat, recoverd quick after the surgery and not so old at all. If we decided fast the stitches could be removed before our vacation. And if necessary she could stay some time in the vets practice.
So we brought her again on Tuesday! The lump was already bigger than suspected and the vet had to take out part of the muscles in her side to get everything out. And a little lump on her back we discovered two days before. The whole mess is send to the lab to see if the edges are healthy tissue and to find out what the other lump is.
Cleo is recovering in the bench (because it is better she doesn't walk and climb around too much) and doing very well. She sleeps a lot on a hot water bottle, but reacts alert and eats and drinks like before. She has had an injection of antibiotics instead of the pills to prevent the allergy. And of course she gets something to reduce the pain. She has an inscision with a drain from her spine to her belly and a small one on the other side of her back. It looks terrible! And I feel very bad I let this happen to her, but I know it is the best we could do.
This is a rather long story now; I hope I didnt bore you with it.

In the meantime I finished block one of the Tail Feathers quilt.

Also made some progress on the Mary Wigham sampler.

And trimmed about 30 metres of buxus hedges in our backgarden and 4 metres of hedgerow in the front garden. As you know most hedges have three sides.... My arm muscles ache a bit, but I still can stitch!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope Cleo recovers soon, and will keep fingers crossed for those lab results. You've done so much on MW, wow - those huge half-medallions on the edges are making me suffer. And the quilt is very cute, congrats on finishing the first block.

Anonymous said...

In response to your question on my blog ----

The bird in the picture is an osprey. They live anywhere there are ledges and water. We have many lakes in Orlando, so you can find Osprey EVERYWHERE.

I live outside the city and we have a bald eagle nest in our neighborhood. They have adapted well to living with people so close.

Anonymous said...

I love that Mary Wigham sampler. It is BEAUTIFUL.

Sending healing vibes Cleo's way. Hope she is feeling better soon.

Sarah said...

I hope Cleo recovers quickly...for her sake and for yours!

I love how your quilt is coming along. Very cute! And your Mary Wigham is making a lot of progress too. Lovely job!

Sarah

lena said...

Ik heb vandaag het 1e pakketje van Tail Feathers ontvangen, en ga er dus ook aan beginnen.
Lijkt me leuk om elkaar te volgen, en te 'helpen' indien nodig!

groetjes, Lena