July 24, 2009

Cleo again

We got the results of Cleo's biopt examination yesterday and unfortunately it is a malignant fibrosarcoma. We can try to get everything out with major surgery, but it is no option to leave a sick cat for neighbours to take care off while we are on vacation. So that can't be done before September if it didn't grow too much by than. And probably it will grow back again. Or we can make her as comfortable as possible for the rest of her life. After all she is 15 years old already. It is a very hard decision to make, also because this is my daughters favorite cat. They are close friends since she was a toddler. We'll think about it for some time..... Cleo is recovering fine by now after an allergic reaction on the antibiotics.

Because I needed to think of something completely different I started Chatelaine's Mini Mandala 6. The kit arrived earlier this week with some lovely silk threads and beads. It is a pleasure to stitch this beauty! The photo isn't very good this time; I'll post a better one when part 1 is finished.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Ineke, I'm so sorry about Cleo! You must be very worried about her. I hope it will become easier to take the right decision over the next few days, you probably just need a little time.

I'm still waiting for my MM6 supplies (they were probably sent at the same time as yours, but delivery in Italy is often inefficient...) - now that I've seen your pic I'm even more keen on this little project!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry about Cleo.

Your stitched piece is beautiful. The beads really SHINE!