November 19, 2013

Sad



'Loving is letting go.'

After many weeks of antibiotics and prednison, ups and downs, lots of love and hoping for the best we finally had no other option than to put Donald to sleep at the vets. Sometime earlier in his life he probably got the FIP-virus in his body and this is an incurable and wasting disease.
We know he had a very happy year with us after we got him from the animal shelter. But he was much too young to die. Rest in peace dear Donald.

18 comments:

Anne Marieke said...

So sorry you lost Donald, Ineke.

You did the best thing for him, to spare him more suffering and pain.

RIP Donald X

Angie said...

So sorry for your loss.

Carolien said...

O dear, it's always so hard to let a pet go to sleep forever. I'm so sorry for you! Sterkte!

Stitching Cat said...

So sorry for your loss. Donald had a loving family who gave him the best in his short life. Graycie sends kitty hugs.

Ann said...

So sorry you had to let him go but ... I'm sure you gave him the loving and attention he needed!
Big hugs,
Ann

Erica said...

I am so sorry for your loss!

Sarah said...

Hugs Ineke!

Poppypatchwork said...

Been where you are, sending huggs xxxx

Terri said...

So sorry for your loss! Hugs and prayers!

Karen said...

I'm so sorry for your loss; what a handsome fellow he was!

Kittyperfection said...

I'm sooo sorry for your loss hon. :( I went through that last year and once again this year.. our cat Quincey's liver is failing. I feel your pain.

Just remember when you love another one - it's all healing.

He is well on the other side. :) (hugs)

Stitching Noni said...

Oh no, that is so sad
It is never an easy time saying goodbye ;o(
Hugs x

Melissa G. said...

So very sorry for your loss. I'm certain that he had the best care with you, and knows how much you loved him. Hugs.

Giovanna said...

I'm so sorry Ineke - may he have lots of fun in kitty heaven.

Anonymous said...

Oh Ineke, I am so sorry. Donald sure was a handsome cat and he was lucky to have found such a loving home.

Susan said...

So sorry to hear. It is the hardest decision to make.

Sharon said...

So sorry to hear about your sweet Donald.

Joysze said...

*HUUUUUUUGS* Ineke. I'm so sad to read this and so sorry for your loss.