September 10, 2012

Quilt Show Deventer

Yesterday Anne Marieke and I visited the Quilt Show in Deventer. The Dutch Quilt Guild organizes a show every year in different cities. I have visited several of these shows and always like to go to Deventer where the quilts are exhibited in a beautiful old church. There was an amazing number of inspiring quilts. Here are pictures of some of them.
 
This quilt is a combination of old lace and fabrics.
 
 
This stunning appliqué quilt is based on William Morris patterns.
 

And one of my favorites is made of many tiny scraps and Lady of the Lake blocks.
 
 
The cats are getting used to each other and to their new home. They are sniffing at each other's noses and only growl when they get startled by one of the others. Here is a picture of Donald playing hide and seek underneath a big plant.


8 comments:

Giovanna said...

Deventer is such a nice town. And the quilts look gorgeous - glad you had a good day.

Deb said...

Those quilts are gorgeous. I really like the Lady of the Lake quilt.

Samplers, Silks and Linens said...

i really like the applique one - would be very happy to have that on the end of my bed

Unknown said...

Leuk om al die quilts te zien, zowel bij Anne Marieke als jou blog.

Je Lidcatctus is een prima verstop plaats voor Donald zo te zien.

Groetjes Yvon.

Joysze said...

Those quilts are amazing!! Awww, Donald is so cute, Ineke. :D

Anne Marieke said...

It was a good day, wasn't it. Very inspiring and fun! And lovely to see you again.

I also loved our little ferry trip across the IJssel.

Anonymous said...

I love that last quilt with all the little triangles. I can't imagine doing all that SEWING! Wow!

Isabelle said...

I don't know Deventer but it sounds like you spent a wonderful time with Anne-Marieke admiring all these beauiful quilts.....I must admit that I am in awe before the Appliqué quilt :)