September 18, 2010

Tail Teathers: an overview

Marleen asked in her comment on my last post what I was going to do with all the log cabin blocks I showed. They are going to form the border of the Tail Feathers quilt. I made eleven of them already and also the four birds on the corners.

Because I didn't iron all the log cabin blocks I made till thus far, there are still a lot of folds in them, and also in the other part. When this border is finished I still have to add a greenish border to complete the top.

9 comments:

Melanie said...

It's looking lovely. What do you plan to do with the quilt once it's finished?

Anonymous said...

That is adorable! I love how the embroidered blocks are all different sizes!

Congratulations on getting so much done!

Sarah said...

Lovely quilt Ineke!

Anne Marieke said...

Absolutely beautiful, Ineke, and great progress too!

Carol said...

What a fun quilt, Ineke--you're making wonderful progress!

Blu said...

What a pretty quilt! Can't wait to see it finished.

Giovanna said...

The quilt is beautiful!

http://ingridsknitting.blogspot.be/ said...

Thats so beautiful Ineke ,its a lovely quilt !

Siobhán said...

That is so pretty, Ineke! I just love that Fig Tree Patisserie line. I can't wait to see more pics!