September 24, 2014

Flowers and vase


 

Yesterday I finished the flowers and the vase on the centre medallion of my Drayton Hall quilt. I didn't make the wreath as shown in Di Ford's book 'Primarily Quilts', but used the vase of the Ann's Legacy quilt, which is described in the same book.
Now I am searching for the perfect fabric to make a scalloped border around the medallion.
And when this border is attached I'll add two birds and the butterflies.
In the vase I used some of the border fabric that will come around the diamonds.

Thank you very much for your lovely comments.

8 comments:

Jane in Cumbria said...

Dat ziet er prachtig uit met al die kleurtjes!

Ann said...

Twee prachtige quilts waar je nu aan bezig bent (ideaal voor al die kleinere lapjes)!
Proficiat met het voltooien van je Moss en Autum. Ze zijn beiden schitterend gelukt!
En condoleances met je mama (k ben een tijdje niet op je blog geweest).
Tot binnenkort!
Groetjes,
Ann

Anonymous said...

That is STRIKING! You will have an heirloom when you are finished.

Beautiful!

Ruth said...

Absolutely beautiful ! Congratulations.

Rita said...

Beautiful quilting!

Elisa said...

Het word echt zo mooi!

miek said...

wat een prachtig werkstuk is dit aan het worden!
groetjes miek

Susan said...

Beautiful! You do such amazing work.