June 16, 2014
Autumn Knotgarden and a lot of worries
Not much stitching time last week, because mom was hospitalized on Tuesday (her 88th birthday) with an inflamation of the bladder and dehydration. During the in-take her heart did some really scaring things, so they rushed her to the cardioligy IC unit. And again late in the evening, so I went to the hospital again with my sister and one of our brothers. Because mom was stabilized at the time we arrived after an hour by car for both of us, they went home and I stayed in the hospital.
On Wednesday afternoon mom got a heart attack and all my sibblings were asked to come to the hospital. After two days full of worries and fearing for the worst the doctor told us the bacteria were out of the blood and the heart was stable for 48 hours. So mom could be moved to another ward and recover there till she is strong enough to go home! At the end of this week they suspect!
We do realize she a very fragile old lady by now and we can get another phone call at any time. We cherish every moment she is still with us. But life goes on as usual very quickly and so it has to be mom says.
Inbetween the times I stayed in the hospital I did some stitching on the Autumn Knotgarden. I still have to add all the flowers between the big grasses.
Thank you very much for all your lovely comments on my previous post and the Moss Garden.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
Sorry to hear your mom is in the hospital. Hopefully she continues to improve. Great progress on your Autumn Knotgarden.
BEAUTIFUL, i have no other words for
it. Oh jeetje, door dat ik je verhaal gelezen heb en zo met je moeder bezig ben, heb ik in het engels gereageerd op je autumn garden. Het is werkelijk heel mooi geworden, en ik vraag me af of dat al dit werk nu na de moss garden bent gestart of was je hier al mee bezig geweest? Veel sterkte voor jullie allemaal met moeder. Ik hoop dat het voorspoedig gaat lopen. groetjes miek
Sterkte met je moeder, dat zal een hele zorg zijn...
Heart problems are ALWAYS scary. Sending good thoughts to your mom. Hoping she feels well enough to go home soon.
Your stitching is lovely. The colors truly represent the best of autumn.
Hopefully, your mom will be home soon. So scary for you all. Best wishes for continued healing for her. Your Autumn piece is fantastic!
I hope things settle down for your mother - what a nasty scare. Autumn looks really lovely.
So sorry to hear about your mom. I hope she is getting better.
Oh Ineke I know what you are feeling right now. I do hope she recovers soon. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family right now. ((Hugs))
I hope her recovery is going smoothly. So scary to get those calls! Very nice progress on Autumn.
Post a Comment