June 10, 2013

Ink Circles RYO2013

 

This is my version of the Ink Circles Roll Your Own 2013 mandala. And it is very addicting!
I am using one ply of Needlepoint Silk threads on 40 count linen. Each colour has three shades, light, middle and dark. The darkest brown didn't work out as I thought, so I frogged the stitched part and stitched it again with a darker shade. Now I am content with it.

Thank you for your lovely and inspiring comments.

12 comments:

Chris said...

Gorgeous color combo.

Cathy said...

Beautiful stitching! I love the colors in this!
Cathy
CraftyCat

Carin Wijnand said...

Love this design, the colours are great.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Working on that is sort of like coloring in a children's coloring book. You fill in the spots.

Very pretty! I like the color combo you picked.

Manuela said...

Beautiful stitching.

Greetings, Manuela

Stitching Noni said...

Looks amazing :)

jolanda said...

Héél erg mooi! Leuk om zo je eigen kleurencombinatie te maken.

Grit's Life said...

Wonderful stitching.
Great progress.
Grit from Germany

The Maiden said...

Oh my, I am getting dizzing just thinking about stitching it! Way to go and great progress, cannot wait to see the final product!

Susan said...

Sooooo pretty. Love the color combination.

Mel said...

Just lovely Ineke! As always your color selections are just great.

Giovanna said...

A very nice set of colours - lovely stitching.